Today’s script installment is Make Point Type version 3. Version 2 was never released widely.
Download script (10k file size).
Please give this script a whirl. Email me with bugs or feature enhancements.
Watch a movie demo of the script with voiceover! (2.1 mb)
- The text objects now remains on their parent layer that it was found in. No more error alerts about locked layers.
- The type is EXACTLY in the same X-Y position it was as area type. No more small jump in Y layout.
- Rotated type is fully supported, even upside down type (must be a rectangular area).
- Type on a path now reflects the original XY position and the former curve is approximated with rotation.
- Type on a path conversion can be turned on by changing line 19 to true: var convertPathType = true;
- In some rare cases the type will be flipped 180° (upside down).
To install new scripts you need to:
- Quit Illustrator
- Copy the files into the Illustrator application folder’s “Presets” » “Scripts” subfolder
- After restarting Illustrator you can find the scripts in the menu “File” » “Scripts”;
- TIP: You can create subfolders in the scripts folder to organize your scripts