Today’s script installment is Find and Replace Graphics version 2.
Download script (13k file size).
Please give this script a whirl. Email me with bugs or feature enhancements.
Watch a movie demo of the script with voiceover! (2.2 mb)
- The find-replace objects now remain on their original layer. No more error alerts about locked layers.
- The find-replace object are now in the same z-stacking (object stacking) order as the original.
- "Replacing" master object is now deleted once it has replaced all the find objects. Turn this off by changing line 43: var deleteReplaceWithObj = false;
- Centered, non-scaled XY placement is default.
- If non-proportional scaling is desired change line 37 to: var scaledObject = true;
- Proportional scaling in X, Y, or weighted XY that is still centered on the original object’s center point.
To install new scripts you need to:
- Quit Illustrator
- Copy the files into the Illustrator application folder’s “Presets” » “Scripts” subfolder
- After restarting Illustrator you can find the scripts in the menu “File” » “Scripts”;
- TIP: You can create subfolders in the scripts folder to organize your scripts