[Editor’s note: Announced at NACIS in Sacramento October 2009, Indiemapper is now live and priced at $30 / month. The online mapping service allows you to upload data into an easy to use GIS interactive map tool and make beautiful cartographic maps leveraging Color Brewer, TypeBrewer, and Natural Earth. Maps can be shared or published online or export to Illustrator for high-quality print output. Check it out! ]
Republished from Axis Maps.
Indiemapper is the smarter, easier, more elegant way to make thematic maps from digital data.
Indiemapper brings traditional cartography into the 21st century. It’s platform independent, location independent and huge-software-budget independent.
Indiemapper closes the gap between data and map by taking a visual approach to map-making. See your data. Make your map. For the first time ever, it’s just that simple.
- Real-time, visual editing.
- No software to download or update.
- Expert advice for every step of the mapping process.
- Professional colors from ColorBrewer, type from TypeBrewer, and basemaps from Natural Earth.
- Integrates with your existing workflow; use data from ArcGIS and Google Earth and export to Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Easily create trivariate label, bivariate proportional symbol maps and bivariate cartograms.
- Load shapefile, KML and GPX files.
- Choropleth, dot density, proportional symbol and cartogram mapping.
- Online saving and file versioning.
- Access full map history and roll back to any previous version of your maps.
- Collaborate with your team; invite other users to share, edit, and add comments to a map.
- Manage billing for multiple accounts.
- Work in local mode to keep your data stored only on your local computer.
- Support for most major map projections.
- Map layout for print and screen.
- Export to vector SVG and JPEG / PNG.
- Save your data and map into a single file.