[Editor’s note: John Wundes has updated his Select Path Items script for Illustrator. It still needs the ability to select by number of path points (see my script for that: page, download), but it has other very nice options, including a GUI exposing all the settings. Good job, John!]
Updates in version 3
- Rebuilt the processing engine from scratch, and now it is much faster.
- There is also now a floating text field that updates as pathItems are processed in real time. This way, it still may take a long time to finish, but at least you have a very rudimentary progress bar to let you know that the system hasn’t taken a dump on you.
- It also tells you when it’s complete, and reports the total processing time.
Updates in version 2
- More Selections: Rebuilt interface to select objects based on Size, Area, Width, or by Height.
- Exact Same Size: Added “Exact” option to the “less than” and “more than” radio-buttons (Thanks to Nathaniel for that suggestion)
- Default Selection: If one object is selected, starts threshold at that size. (Also thanks to Nathaniel’s input…)
- Added Tool Tips: If you mouse-over the dialog elements, you now get helpful tooltips. (Now I just need someone to help me translate them into other languages…)