[Editor’s note: If you’re in the market for a mapping GIScience programmer, developers relations type job in the San Francisco Bay area, check out this job listing via LinkedIn posting. They just released some mapping APIs that are worth checking out. This position would promote the APIs and refine them. Thanks Kirstin!]
Location: Menlo Park, California (San Francisco Bay Area)
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Product Management, Business Development, Marketing
Posted: February 16, 2009
Do you have what it takes to build a passionate developer community from the ground up? Does your life revolve around technology? Do you have a passion for mapping and location technologies? If you have big
ideas along with the courage and dedication to follow them through, we’d like to talk to you. We’re hiring a Developer Evangelist who will join us in building a community of developers who will create the next
generation of mapping tools and services.
The position requires enthusiasm, dedication and a genuine desire to change the world for ever. In return we offer a competitive salary, an environment in which you will grow professionally – and the chance to be part of something really big.
The Developer Evangelist will be responsible for promoting and evangelizing CloudMade’s platform – which includes a range of APIs, libraries and SDKs. You will be joining an early stage start-up and will be working for the head of Product Management. As the position grows and as you develop you will play an important role in expanding our Developer Outreach program working both 1:1 with key developers, 1:Few with key influential individuals and 1:Many with the whole community of developers.
- Build a strong and fast growing developer community around CloudMade’s platform
- Establish processes for the CloudMade developer outreach program, setting targets for recruiting developers, developing, tracking and refining outreach activities
- Evangelizing CloudMade’s tools to developer communities in the US and EU.
- Engaging with target groups of developers in multiple locations, discovering their “needs and wants” and communicating their requests to CloudMade Product Management
- Working with the CloudMade team to create outreach material that clearly communicates the opportunities and advantages of our tools
- Actively seeking opportunities to engage with a wide range of developers – from small companies to start-ups to medium sized and large operations
- Developing sample applications and code that demonstrate the depth and breadth of the CloudMade platform
- Tirelessly promoting and evangelizing CloudMade’s mission to create a world class location based application development platform
CloudMade is a fast paced start-up that is changing the way people use maps and location. Our tools allow developers to build powerful location based applications on top of a rich, crowd-sourced global mapping database. We launched our first sets of tools and APIs in February 2009 and now we’re looking for passionate, committed people to evangelize CloudMade’s message into developer communities around
Applicants with recommendations are preferred.
Referrals through network preferred.
Continue to LinkedIn posting . . .