[Editor's note: Find the trends, group them together, and use that hierarchy (topology) as an access metaphor. And remember geography doesn't always need to mean map.]
Republished from The Washington Post.
Original publication date: March 29th, 2009.
By Karen Yourish And Todd Lindeman — The Washington Post.
The total amount of the stimulus packages approved by the G-20 countries amounts to $1.6 trillion. More than half of that comes from the United States.
Other maps and graphics that use grouping:
- Gitmo In Limbo (Wash Post)
- Why Is Her Paycheck Smaller? (NY Times)
- Interactive Map: Immigration Explorer (NY Times)
- The Geography of a Recession (NY Times)
- Disappearing Birds (Wash Post)
- Social Networks’ Sway May Be Underestimated (Washington Post)
- A Religious Portrait of African Americans (Wash Post)
- GRAPHIC: Despite Boost, Bank Value Dwindle (Wash Post)
- Climate Change: The Carbon Atlas (Guardian)
- Parsing the Bailout (Wash Post + NY Times)